Wikipedia thó-lūn:Choán-ia̍h

Wikipedia (chū-iû ê pek-kho-choân-su) beh kā lí kóng...
跳至導覽 跳至搜尋

Gī-lūn Taiwan choán khì Tâi-oân[kái goân-sí-bé]

Chit-ê "redirect" bô su-iàu, khó-pí lán bô su-iaù chiōng たいわん choán-khì Tâi-oân kāng-khoán. A-giâu 13:28, 20 Jī-goe̍h 2006 (UTC)

I was the one who created this redirect. If you want to remove it I'm OK, but just let me explain myself.
I had some doubts initially, but then I saw that the majority of the countries listed in this Wikipedia had either an English/foreign name or a redirect from an English/foreign name. Only a handful (less than 10%) had pure POJ names without redirects.
Che sī kong-kiōng gī-tê, só·-í góa iōng lán ê oē lâi siá: góa siūⁿ hiah-ê choán-ia̍h (redirects) chi̍t pō·-hūn sī chhú-lí pheng-im ê chha-īⁿ, te̍k-pia̍t sī kok-miâ ū POJ bô iōng ê phiat-im hû-hō (diacritics) ê chêng-hêng, pí-lūn kóng Malawi. "Tâi-oân" chin chheng-chhó sī POJ, "Taiwan" chin chheng-chhó sī gōa-gí. Che pìⁿ-chiâⁿ hoan-e̍k ê kong-lêng. Chāi góa liáu-kái, choán-ia̍h it-poaⁿ m̄-sī hoan-e̍k ê lō·-iōng. A-giâu 05:40, 27 Jī-goe̍h 2006 (UTC)
Ideally all the entries should have their names in POJ, but we have to acknowledge that Taiwanese (or Minnanese) names for countries are not "that" intuitive for the most part (I think that's self-evident). This makes hard for an average user to navigate and search for specific articles--not mentioning the fact that POJ is hard to type, with all those diacritics, and any wrong accent will cause one to miss one's search. With this in mind, I came to see all those foreign-word lists not as something necessarily negative, but as a help for a beginner (a crutch, if you will), helping to direct people to the "real" thing.
Lí-lūn-siōng pēng-bô su-iàu chit-khoán choán-ia̍h: só·-ū ê kok-ka bûn-chiuⁿ lóng-ū khan khì sio-tùi ê gōa-gí bûn-chiuⁿ. Khó-pí kóng Tâi-oân hit phiⁿ lāi-bīn ū en:Taiwan, ja:台湾 téng-téng ê jī. Ká-sú in-ūi ki-su̍t-te̍k ê goân-in, iû-goân bē-tit chhōe tio̍h hit-kóa jī, mā iá-ū kî-thaⁿ ê pān-hoat. e.g. Tī bûn-chiuⁿ lāi-bīn lok HTML (<!--comments-->). A-giâu 05:40, 27 Jī-goe̍h 2006 (UTC)
Besides that, there is the issue of consistency. Now, if 90% of the country entries already have foreign words (directly or indirectly), why not create some redirects for the remaining 10% too? Thus I created this link, just as a trial. It takes me more than twice as long to type "Tâi-oân" than "Taiwan" in the search box.
Just my 2 cents. --HYC 09:56, 25 Jī-goe̍h 2006 (UTC)